Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Consumer Question: Fabric Softener Sheets vs. Liquid


Hi, Joe,



My husband and I went to Bill and Rod's Appiance to buy a new washing machine. 13 years ago we bought the Maytag Neptune washer and dryer from them and are just tired of the problems we have with the washer. We are replacing it with the old agitator type washer with water levels we can set.

My question is about liquid fabric softener vs. dryer sheets. I had always read that the dryer sheets were dangerous, and always used the liquid softener. The salesman said to never use the liquid softener because it "gunks up" the washer and causes problems. He said it would be better to use the dryer sheets.

I'd like to know what you think about this.

Thank you,
Patricia

A: Hi, Patricia,


Thanks for your note. 


I've heard it as well that the sheets are dangerous but I don't believe that has ever been proven. As for the liquid, it could help to plug up dispensers etc. but my wife says she doesn't use any of the softeners. 

Regards,
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment