Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Consumer Question: Replacing Dryer Vent Line


Hi, Joe,


My laundry room is in the front of the house and the exhaust from the electric dryer extends about 25 feet to the back of the house and vents the hot air outside. I want to replace the aluminum accordion flex line with the stove pipe as you recommended.

My question is: Do I need to get 25 feet of stove pipe to carry hot air to the back of the house to vent out? Or do I just need to get stove pipe from the back of the dryer to the wall which is only about a 2 foot clearance from back of dryer to the exhaust hole that carries the hot air to the back of the house?


Thanks for your help,
Michael

A: Hi, Michael,


Thanks for your note. 

The law says, 16 feet of solid pipe with only 2 elbows and clean it every year. With 25 feet, clean it twice a year.

I'm pleased that you were listening!

Regards,
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment