Thursday, November 15, 2012

Consumer Question: Portable Air Filter


Hi, Joe,

I live in an apartment condo built in the 60s. It is only 625 sq. ft. and not well insulated and the neighbor's cigarette smoke/order comes through the radiator in the living room and the walls. I have my window cracked open 365 days a year 24 hours a day. If I do not do this my entire condo will smell. This does not solve the problem as I still smell smoke when I am watching TV. What type of air filter is best for this? There are so many out there. I want to purchase one that handles smoke. 


Thanks for your help,
Michelle

A: Hi, Michelle,


Thanks for your note. 


I don't know much about air filtering units but I suggest you contact a cigar bar that may use them in their establishment. I know that in the past when smoking was allowed, a typical bar had these units were portable and sat right on the bar. 

Regards,
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment