Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cold water is Warm


Name: Stephen Hobart

City: Lewisburg, Pa

Inquery Type: Appliance repair question

Comments: My home is seven years old, two story, all electric with geo thermal.  Recently I have been getting instant hot water out of all water faucets; even the cold water faucets are warm until I run them to clear the line.  I replaced the single handle water valves in the showers as well as the one in the kitchen.  All others are double handle.  I am wondering if perhaps the thermostat in the hot water heater might be acting up.  Any thoughts as to why I would be getting instant very hot water with warm water from the cold water tap.  Thank you for any information you might provide.

Hi Stephen, 
thanks for your note. I am not even close to being qualified as any kind of a plumbing expert but let me explain something that might help. We also get hot water in our taps like you do, especially when the temperature is cold. Our water pipes run along the basement ceiling very close to the air ducts which contain warm air from our forced air furnace. The more the furnace runs, the hotter the water is when we first run the water. This does not happen when it gets warmer. Hope this helps.
Regards Joe Gagnon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment