Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Stove not Working


Name: Dennis
City: Fenton

Inquery Type: Appliance repair question

Comments: Hello Joe
I have a 4 year old whirlpool electric stove. The only thing that works on this unit, is the controls, and the clock.  None of the burners or the oven do not work.  The breaker is not tripped.  I have an electrical  tester, but, the wall plug has 4  openings, 3 flat, and 1 round.   I am not familiar with this type of plug.  The ones I am familiar with only have 3.  How do I use my tester to verify the 220 power?
Any other suggestions, please.
thank you
Dennis

Hi Dennis, 
thanks for your note. The electronics such as the clock etc. only need 110 volts to operate. The burners,elements etc. need 220 volts. It looks like there is a problem with voltage in the range. Go to your local hardware store and have them show you how to check the 4 prong box. That way I know you are going to kill yourself. If the box proves 220 volts, unplug the range and check the terminal junction block on the back of the stove where the cord connects. Check for burnt or loose terminals. Please let me know how it goes. 
Regards Joe Gagnon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment