Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Consumer Question: Parts for 25yr Old Refrigerator


Hi, Joe,


We have a Frigidaire refrigerator Model FPE20V3B and two beverage holders in the door have snapped off and I can't find replacements for them.  I have checked at Carmacks, Repair Clinic, and a company on Telegraph Rd in Dearborn Hgts and they all tell me the refrigerator is over 25 years old and the part I need is no longer available.

Do you know of anyone that may have the part I need?

We bought the refrigerator new in 1979 and it is still working. We miss the use of the shelves. Can you help us?

Thanks,
David

A: Hi, David,


Thanks for your note. 


I'm sorry to say that I can't help you find those door bars and supports. You might take a sample and get in touch with the delivery guys of a major retailer who remove models like yours from homes and eventually they will run into one.

Regards,
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment