Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hot Water Tank Repair

Name: Bill

City: Ft. Wayne, IN

Inquiry Type: Appliance repair question

Comments: 
I have a Reliance 40 gallon hot water heater and think I need a thermocouple assembly I found two online that look like what I need but I'm not sure which one to buy - 9003531 or 9003488 - for my model - 640x0rt. It doesn't stay lit. We removed the assembly and cleaned it, but I still have to light each time with push button inboard lighter. Where can I find out number of part i need?
Thank you!


Hi Bill, 
Thanks for your note.
Your problem can be a very different problem than in the old days when you simply changed the thermocouple available at all hardware stores. Call a plumber with the model number and ask what has to be changed to correct the problem. I went through this 5 years ago and I had to buy a whole assembly.
Regards,
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment