Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Defective Water Valve

Name: Vito

City: Sterling Heights

Inquiry Type: Appliance repair question

Comments: 
I have an Ice Maker on a Maytag refrigerator that I can not get to work. I have replaced the ice maker and valve. The only thing I haven't replaced is the water filter valve. If I put 115 volts to the ice maker water valve, it flows water. The ice maker sends 120 volts to the valve when cycled. Could it be the second valve? Anything else I can check? I am at a loss.

Hi Vito, 
Thanks for your note.
There are times when the water valve will allow water to drip through. This slow drip can freeze in the fill tube behind the ice maker. You can melt that ice using a hair dryer but it also means replacing the defective water valve.
Regards,
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment