Thursday, August 23, 2012

Consumer Question: Freezer Thermostat


Hi, Joe,


A couple of weeks ago I had my stand-up side-by-side refrigerator/freezer repaired. It had frozen over and the repairman replaced the part that was responsible for preventing this and told me to leave it unplugged for 22 to 24 hours. I did so and now the refrigerator and freezer is working fine but the ice maker is not producing ice anymore. Can you help me with this problem?


Thank you,
Jermaine


A: Hi Jermaine,


Thanks for your note. 


I am wondering if the technician really fixed your refrigerator? I really need to know what the temperature is in the freezer. The icemaker will not work if the temperature is not cold enough in the freezer. The icemaker has a thermostat inside of it which must be cold enough to let the icemaker begin to operate.

Regards,
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment