Friday, March 9, 2012

Consumer Question - Rust on Cast Iron Sink

Q: Hello, Joe,

I have a double cast iron kitchen sink. It is starting to rust around the drain hole. Is this fixable?

Thank you,

A: Hi, Kevin,

Thanks for your note.

I suggest you clean the area as clean as possible. The hardware stores carry a product called JBWeld which we use to seal holes in the outer tub of washing machines. Some of those machines are still working today.

Let me know how it works.


Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment