Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dryer Fire

Name: Mike

City: Ann Arbor

Inquiry Type: Appliance repair question

I have an 8 year old gas, front loading Whirlpool duet dryer, and I had the dryer vent cleaned, but they did not clean the inside of the dryer. Had a mini flash fire inside the dryer. No visible damage to any of the wiring. The dryer works but it seems like it doesn't dry completely anymore. Any ideas?

Hi Mike, 
Thanks for your note. I would suggest you stop using the dryer immediately. That fire you had could have caused some serious problems with sensors etc. and you need to have it checked out.
Joe Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment